Got an idea for the compo, a samplepack, VST, or theme? Post it here!

Michael Jackson Round, yay or nay?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes : 5

Poll: Michael Jackson covers round

Poll: Michael Jackson covers round

Postby organic io » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:08 pm

How about it?

We already did a Beatles round... and... since Michael Jackson owns all the rights to Beatles songs and he didn't sue us over that, I'm sure nobody will care if we do his songs too :D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:17 am

I'm guessing this isn't a very popular idea. :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby shadowbane » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:25 am

I'm guessing that other people tend to not come here every day when compos are going like I do.

So far the Organic IO half of the voters thinks it is a good idea and the ShadowBane half thinks it isn't

I think this site needs to be less dead during the compos

For the record I am not a Michael Jackson fan
shadowbane
Regular
Regular

Postby Sonicade » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Hey Organic IO, interesting theme idea given the current events. I'm a bit wary of covering copyrighted stuff since the Beatles round though. Unless we can come up with some firm legal jargon that keeps us in the clear.

Also as Shadowbane mentioned not everyone may be an MJ fan. I myself am but it seems like there are some mixed feelings with his (untimely) passing.

If you wanna do a tribute I think it would be cool to remix one of his tracks and just release it. You could start a MJ thread in the forums and advertise on other boards as well.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby attwad » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:39 pm

I am not a fan of MJ, but I can only respect him when I see how many records he sold :shock:

I have listened only to a few songs of him (3 or 4 max when I was around 10...) so I don't know much but I am really willing to listen to what the fan remixes could look like :)
attwad
Newb
Newb

Postby cralias » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:49 am

I'm not a fan. I do respect the fans and music, but hey - the thing's been all over lately. I'd rather say no to this :roll:
cralias
Newb
Newb

Return to Compo Ideas & Themes