Soundevotion Competition entry discussion.

My Song for Round 10 - The just incredible RMX Request

My Song for Round 10 - The just incredible RMX Request

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:23 pm

Hi,

this is my first post since i registered - please forgive me the length.

So i think i'll tell you my story first:

I tried to participate to round 10, but failed.
One reason was the lack of time (a second song) another reason was the limitation of the preconfigured sample pack (which is not intended to sound offending - it just shows that i am deadlocked to my style :shock: ).

But nevertheless i created a tune, based on a Hybrid- samplepack of Round 9 and 10 (called Supersonic).

This tune and the a. m. second song are good examples for my up to date skills and also represantative for my style.

Sadly, none of my friends or online contacts is using Renoise or any other software to selfcreate tunes and so i never had the chance to compare my skills and knowledge with other musicians.
I also had to learn everything by doing and was lost if i failed to understand how to move on.

Until today ! :lol:

After searching for a place like this forum for hell of alot time - you will understand how much i am interested in your opinion - not only from the point of view of a listener, but with the eyes of a Renoise user - with better skills and ideas.

So this is my chance and i simply have to link to the mp3 Files not only for you to enjoy and giving me feedback but in the first line with a big request:

Every seriously interested artist with a comparable style of music and the skills to improve the songs in quality and structure is invited to create a remix using my RNS file.
Ther is only one "Rule" - or let's say thing (i can't make rules anyway) that would be nice to keep in mind while remixing - the overall appearance should not be very different to the original, because i am hoping to improve my skills and learn from those creations (therefore only RNS File format (V1.52 max) "allowed".

What i want to improve is the creation of complex breakbeat rhythm and melodies like you will hear at "Faster but Slower".

Faster but Slower:
http://www.adambomb.info/mp3/FasterSlower.mp3

So if you think you can do it better - don't hesitate you are the one i was waiting for.

The other song "Supesonic" uses the Instrument Editor and Pulse/ Sin/ Saw effect. (it introduces the moment "behind the sonic wall") - but you will see.
To be true, with alot trial and error i was able to get a nice effect from that, without knowing what i was doing. But finally i had to change the song and concentrated on using the filters, because i just did not get what i wanted.
If you know how to set the delay times and effects into the right relation - i can only beg for your help.

Here is Supersonic
http://www.adambomb.info/mp3/Supersonic.mp3

Supersonic also features an other style of breaks and beats, that i would also love to improve.

- i will give the RNS Files to everyone with serious interest and honest enough to sent me the RNS file afterwards and not get lost in the www forever.
I am sure that everyone who is interested can learn the one or other thing from those files, too.

Again sorry for my long post, but you can understand me for sure - from an artists point of view :lol:

You will see me participating in a Combo one day.

Justin "Flukester" Credible

Postby Justin Credible » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:29 pm

btw --- the log in log out is kind of special in this forum and sometimes takes over control... So it was decided while i was writing that it is time to log out without any info...

Now i can't even edit my own post...
Nevertheless i can certify that i wrote the post and not a "Guest"

Justin "Flukester" Credible
Justin Credible
Regular
Regular

Postby crosfire » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:40 pm

Well i see that you share the politics of Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails! :D
Some of the singles from his last album are downloadable in the raw format so anybody can play around and remix them. My tracks can be remixed by anyone that can break into my house :P (well, in the era of internet you can break right into my computer:D). I was remixed by Autechre, Aphex Twin and many others probably less famous (well the "autechre remix" isnt really a remix, it is a 2 trach ep "We R Are Why - Are Y Are We" inspired by a track that eaven wasn't my, byt guy's who used name TEES [my electronic guru from old times]). The aphex twin's remix is really my track and it is on some live bootleg. Probably the only reason why Trent didnt remixed my track is the fact that i wrote shor silly song about him :P. Well i dont mind about breaking/remixing thing (but isn't it destorying the music showbizness).

I am not going to remix your song! Ask Trent, or someone who makes money on it (just say that it is my track, he must agree!!):P.

Or you can ask the "303 liers" (they firs stole my tracks)
crosfire
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby knetter » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:22 am

Great songs, I like the first at most. Now join the next round and identify yourself.
-- grtz Knetter
knetter
Insomniac
Insomniac

yeah

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:09 am

@Hakenkreuz:If this is true then OK, but i think it won't happen too often.
In addition i would at least wonder, if somebody would sign a contract or overrun the Charts with my RNS File - if it's that easy - err what was your Computers IP again :D ?
Apart from that, I was in touch with this forum for some time before i decided to post this and it seems, that at least the idea of helping each other is not to far away from some peoples attitude that have registered here (kind of the "spirit" is still present outthere).

My favourite artists, who are inspiration and ideal for me (FLUKE btw) once stated: "It's not about being on the cover of a magazine, it's about making music - and it always has been".

Word to that, Amen.

P.S. (OT)
Mr. "Hakenkreuz" - what a missleading and strange Username you have. It is hard to interprete it in a context different from anti-Semitism - especially if you are from Germany like myself.
I will ask the Admin to examine on that - if this Forum was german you would have been banned seconds after your first post.
I just want to be straight forward and don't want to do that "behind your back". It should not be very suprising for you, that the term Hakenkreuz and it's historical background could cause some inconvenience sooner or later.
I hope you can understand my point of view and don't feel too defensive.
It is not important or my intention to get you in trouble or forced to change name or something, but it feels wrong to just keep still.

Pro Forma I want to express in due clarity, that i do not want to (and am not able to) gather to your real life from that.

It is irritating, that either no one knows the meaning of your "Nick" or everybody tolerates it - especially referring to the Admin's sense of responsibility it is an evidence of incapacity.

Flukester

Postby crosfire » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:03 am

http://www.manwoman.net/swastika/fots.html
http://www.manwoman.net/swastika/swastika2.html
http://www.manwoman.net/swastika/edmontonswastikas.jpg

It is just a symbol with manny meanings:P - my favorite.

Did you knew that Jews hawe their swastika?
crosfire
Insomniac
Insomniac

Ok

Postby Justin Credible » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:28 am

Ok, i hope you accept my apology if i caused some trouble for you.
But like stated before i did not want to blame you personally (and you seem to be cool with that).

Flukester
Justin Credible
Regular
Regular

Return to SDCompo Songs / Entries