Soundevotion Competition entry discussion.

SDCompo 14 deadline missed..

SDCompo 14 deadline missed..

Postby organicdreams » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:34 pm

Hello guys i missed the deadline of SDC round 14 with a few hours :( was my own mistake, so they told me i can post the track here. And hopefully i get some feedback of you guys.

here is the link:http://rapidshare.com/files/23736878/sdc14-ShadowWalking.rar.html

Hopefully i get some feedback

Greetings
Lets escape reality and flow into a new reality
organicdreams
Newb
Newb

Postby organic io » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:45 pm

will definitely check it out when i have some free time. :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby crosfire » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:25 am

Will check it also. Like the name, very metaphoric-when you light someting, then you cast shadow on something else, the more intensive light the more sharp shadow (contrast). Ofcouse you can't lighten everything, becouse then people wouldn't know what is shadow, and would name the light by this name. So what is the solution for everyone? The answer is pain :P. So the art sould be only a announcement of pain in the future, to be real art:P!!
Will check it out!!
crosfire
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby plusminus » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:14 pm

I listened to your track, here's some feedback:

Overall it's not bad, but it's fairly simplistic. The intro is good, the breaks that come in are good and heavy. The echoed bass sound from the intro doesn't really fit in once the breakbeats come, it just muddies things up a bit.
The change from the pad to the bass synth is a bit drastic sounding, and the string melody that comes in is a bit cheesy: tracked strings generally work much better as chords IMHO, it's a lot harder to get a convincing solo string. The filtering on the bass sounds really good. I wished the pad from the beginning came back in some time.

Don't take this to mean I thought it was bad, it just sounds to me like it could've been more developed. Maybe keep this in mind for round 15 :)
plusminus
Regular
Regular

Postby organicdreams » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:17 am

I totally agree with youre feedback. It's difficult for me to work with samples, normally i work with midi data and vsti. So its more learning then good tracking. And its true the overall could be more developed. i didn't have enough time to get into the compo i think i totally spend only 4 - 5 hours on this track. And then i missed the deadline :( haha. Anyway thanks for youre feedback, hope you could give some more feedback on my other songs on www.mixposure.com/organicdreams

Greets
organicdreams
Newb
Newb

Postby fbjon » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:36 am

organicdreams wrote:I totally agree with youre feedback. It's difficult for me to work with samples, normally i work with midi data and vsti. So its more learning then good tracking. And its true the overall could be more developed. i didn't have enough time to get into the compo i think i totally spend only 4 - 5 hours on this track. And then i missed the deadline :( haha. Anyway thanks for youre feedback, hope you could give some more feedback on my other songs on www.mixposure.com/organicdreams

Greets

Uhm, following the link... "This account has been suspended".

I've been told you need to "Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible", heh. :)
_
Image Chotoro gallery
fbjon
Regular
Regular

Postby organicdreams » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:25 am

Oh OH :D

I noticed the same.. thats sux. Mixposure.com was a department for music where everyone could get a account and upload his song. I think mixposure has been released from duty.. well to check my songs you also can go to www.soundclick.com/organicdreams.
Thanks for notifying me.

Greetz
organicdreams
Newb
Newb

Postby Sonicade » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:18 pm

Wow bummers about Mixposure. :shock: I had an account on there as well. :)
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Return to SDCompo Songs / Entries