Soundevotion Competition entry discussion.

SDCompo 20 - Didn't Finish My Entry

SDCompo 20 - Didn't Finish My Entry

Postby Sonicade » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:56 am

This is terrible form but here is an unfinished track. Since everyone put in effort I thought I would at least post something here.

My unfinished round 20 entry: link

Looking forward to hearing everyone else's entries and will leave comments and vote as well. :)
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:32 pm

very demostyle, very sonicade. very nice. i'd like to hear more. even though it does use "recycled chords here"
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:39 pm

Thanks Djio! :) The chords sounded familiar and then I realized I had used them in that same sequence in Fair Weather. Ahh well at least I noticed? :)
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:12 am

Sonicade wrote:Thanks Djio! :) The chords sounded familiar and then I realized I had used them in that same sequence in Fair Weather. Ahh well at least I noticed? :)

noticing is a good thing! why don't you try an experiment? have somebody else decide the chord progression you are going to use in a song, and then you're required to use it. spice it up a little bit! either that or co-op with overthruster, which i think should be everybody's solution to breaking out of their box :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Justin Credible » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi,

if you are interested, you can download my first version of my actual entry here.
http://www.adambomb.info/downloads/30.xrns

It was finished two weeks ago but for some reason i decided to rework everything and i ran out of time and resubmissions - therefore i was not able to add an adequate melody to the final entry which may explains the lack of variation :-(

Justin
"Let Go"
It's not about being on the Cover of a magazine - it's about making music.
Justin Credible
Regular
Regular

Postby aGIANTpupafish » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:43 am

My unfinished entry for round 20... http://flabby.tv/Hecate(unfinished).mp3

a week in france stopped me finishing this one :(

i have listened to entries this round, by being ill has stopped me from voting/commenting. sorry...

aGp
aGIANTpupafish
Regular
Regular

Re: SDCompo 20 - Didn't Finish My Entry

Postby Directionless » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:25 am

Sonicade wrote:This is terrible form but here is an unfinished track. Since everyone put in effort I thought I would at least post something here.

My unfinished round 20 entry: link

Looking forward to hearing everyone else's entries and will leave comments and vote as well. :)

Nice sound!! :D
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby Directionless » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:32 am

aGIANTpupafish wrote:My unfinished entry for round 20... http://flabby.tv/Hecate(unfinished).mp3

a week in france stopped me finishing this one :(

i have listened to entries this round, by being ill has stopped me from voting/commenting. sorry...

aGp

Thanks for posting what you have - which was quite a start! If you ever finish this, please post it. I'd love to add this one to my collection! It's really cool. :)
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby Directionless » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:48 am

Justin Credible wrote:Hi,

It was finished two weeks ago but for some reason i decided to rework everything and i ran out of time and resubmissions - therefore i was not able to add an adequate melody to the final entry which may explains the lack of variation :-(

It's the battle of production vs. composition. i used to spend all my time in DOS trackers doing composition only and NO production - i.e. ear candy.

Once newer trackers came along that took some of the legwork out of creating sound and i slowly started shifting to the other focus - something that you are so very good at!

It takes a real master to balance the two out I think... particularly where unique music is concerned.
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Return to SDCompo Songs / Entries