Soundevotion Competition entry discussion.

SD Compo #35 + Need Help

SD Compo #35 + Need Help

Postby iNTERLuNe » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:16 am

Hi everybody,

Yesterday, I made my 3rd music with Renoise (my first with Renoise 2). It is the first time that I am satisfied about my music and of this quality sound since +10 years (very rare) ! So, I thank very much the Renoise Team and Renoisers for their help :-)

I downloaded the samplepack from the "SC Compo Round 35" and I made a new music for the compo in January 2009. It is the first time that I add "one female voice" thanks to "NeoSpeech Kate" (you have a nice voice, lol). In fact, she is here "virtually" with me so that to find one singer in my song :-) The theme is free for this compo using the samplepack so, I realized the theme following : "Old Games in the years '80s" (genre : House/Oldschool).

Please I need your opinion about "the legend of games in '80s". In my song, I use voices about the best of games in the years 80s. Are you agree if I use only the titles followings : Bomb Jack, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Frogger, Space Invaders, Mario Bros., Pong, Double Dragon, Kings Quest, Bubble Bobble, Paperboy, Out Run, R-Type, Kick Off, Gauntlet II, Tetris, Sim City, Ghosts & Goblins, Asteroids, Tron, Arkanoid. If you know others, don't hesitate for saying me so that I add it in my song before uploading my file on SDCompo !

Thank you & Greetings,

ViZiON

PS : in 2009, with new generation of music on PC & MAO and after having keeped my nickname during 10 years, I think to get another nickname : "iNTERLuNe" (ex-ViZiON).
iNTERLuNe
Newb
Newb

Postby organic io » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Just got a couple more to add...
Megaman, Castlevania, and Contra. :D

Can't wait to hear the song

I changed my name almost a year ago too. It feels nice to have a fresh new name after so long.

Good luck with your new name, and good luck in 2009, iNTERLuNe. Peace :D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby iNTERLuNe » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:05 pm

organic io wrote:Just got a couple more to add...
Megaman, Castlevania, and Contra. :D

Can't wait to hear the song

I changed my name almost a year ago too. It feels nice to have a fresh new name after so long.

Good luck with your new name, and good luck in 2009, iNTERLuNe. Peace :D

Hi Organic io,

How are you ? I thank you for your answer so quickly ! OK for Megaman & Castlevania. I don't know "Contrat", is it a popular game ?

I worked on my song today since 9h AM (I am in holidays) !!! I begin composing yesterday in the night, lol ! My song has got 2 versions for the lyrics but for the SCCompo, I will upload the English version. For the French version (funny), I will upload it on another site or else I will send it by mail or MSN after the end of the Round 35...

I am very happy and satisfied about my first .XRNS music in 2009 :-) The composition is terminated but I must add effects, modify amplify, etc. I want a sound quality perfect (unlikely my work with FT2). I hope that people will enjoy my last music... Wait & See...

Working progress of my music : 90% (I have got a lot of time before the end, the most hard was made !).

And you, one music in progress ? If you share your music in .XRNS file, I would like to get its & to listen its under Renoise 2. I have got a collection of modules in .MT2 & .(X)RNS format :-)

Cheers,

iNTERLuNe
(ViZiON)
iNTERLuNe
Newb
Newb

Postby organic io » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:36 pm

You've never played Contra !?!?!?!?!?

One of the most baddest ass games for NES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWMyoNhGHbk

Also famous for popularizing the "Konami Code"

Go play it in an emulator NOW!
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby chunter » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Gonna show my age just a little...

Berzerk, Pole Position, Q*Bert, Mr. Do, Mousetrap, Pengo, Super Sprint, Afterburner...
chunter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby zebraairforce » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:43 am

organic io, you forgot Gradius !? :o Where's your pride!

I'm partial to quite a few 80s games.

Do Run Run, Break Thru, Halley's Comet, Astro Blaster, Twinbee, Willow, Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair, Strider, Solomon's Key, Ninja Spirit, Fantasy Zone...
zebraairforce
Newb
Newb

Postby organic io » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:42 am

zebraairforce wrote:organic io, you forgot Gradius !? :o Where's your pride!

Aye... I'm only a fan of modern shmups, i.e. Dodonpachi and later. I want to like earlier stuff, but I've never been able to get into it much.

So no, no Gradius for my list. :D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby chunter » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:47 pm

older shooters tend to be more difficult (because they usually restrict motion of the player or won't let the player shoot as much) but a bit more static and easier to memorize. Galaga belongs on my list, although its song is weak it's a good demonstration of Namco's old wavetable chip.
chunter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:43 am

..... Have you played any bullet hell games? I wouldn't say they are easier
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:38 pm

I've been playing Space Deadbeef on my iPhone. Its a pretty awesome shmup considering its free and its on a mobile platform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0wSzHDUOAM

The control scheme is interesting. You just touch enemies and it sends homing missiles at them. The catch is that where you touch also controls your ship so you can't always shoot, sometimes you have to dodge instead of firing.

p.s. Contra is the greatest game for NES rivaled only by SMB.

imho :)
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby chunter » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:48 pm

Best NES (and NES-era) title is The Legend of Zelda... people used to make up stories about that stuff... "I pushed this rock and saw that and..." when you try to reproduce it, you can't and find out they were lying...
chunter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:56 pm

Interesting one, Sonicade.

Contra, hell yess. And Super C is excellent as well, although it unfortunately doesn't loop after you clear it with 1 credit so I am a little disappointed by that fact. :(

Chunter, that's funny... I've never heard any bogus stories about Zelda , but I do remember in 4th grade people used to lie about how many Mario games there were. They'd be like, "yeah, in Japan only, they're already up to mario 9" (this was before mario 3 even came out), "at the end, the princess gives a pizza to mario!"

hahaha. NES lies. Bastards ...
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:59 pm

Yea video game stories were the thing of legends back in school. I remember the elaborate Street Fighter 2 stories of what would happen if you beat everyone perfect on 1 quarter etc etc.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Return to SDCompo Songs / Entries