Songs and Releases not related to SDCompo.

The fucked up cover songs thread

Postby Directionless » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:41 pm

dj io wrote:i need you around all the time to hear my rhymes ???/ ahhahahaha, that's terrible!

there's uh, not a lot of lyrical content though ... nice singing though, and the couple of rhymes that are there are funny .... "play your guitar like it knows you should... you from the hood! " .a..ahahaha, nice one

yeah, too bad I didn't drink back then... that's where the real comedy freestyle comes into play. :P

although even sober, I could def do a better job nowadays. hehe
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:13 am

ahh ... well speaking of freestyle rhymes, i'll post some of me and my friend Lane's tonight ... they're equally embarassing/terrible :D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:54 pm

http://io4spam.googlepages.com/displacing_normality_-_brutal_rampag.mp3

"brutal rampage - anal destruction". this started out with him doing a response to a song i wrote him for his birthday a couple years ago, and then i added some rhymes and cut it so it sounded like we were going back and forth ...rapping about our "ghetto life" even though we live in the suburbs :)

next up, we have

http://djiomusic.googlepages.com/displacing_normality_-_magnet_man.mp3

"magnet man dub mix", which is a cover of the magnet man stage music in megaman 3. i did the music a long time ago, like 8 years ago, and i wanted it to be a lot grander, but i kinda got stuck at the bridge part, but he and i always wanted to finish the song so about 2 years ago, he and i just added random freestyle over it and then a completely unrelated and terrible freestyle @ the end. for some reason, whenever the bass looped in the track, it sounded really cool (all deep at the end), better than i had tracked it, so we freestyled over it. good times :-D i'm "dj jesus", because that's what all the DDR players used to call me, because i always have a beard

yes yes, there is the "n" word in both songs ... but according to a black friend of ours, we are both honorary black people and we got endorsement to use the "n" word 8) :D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Directionless » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:50 am

This is going to be the greatest novelty song thread ever!!!

I think you and I can keep it going indefinitely. :D

These 2 tracks were great fun. I can really relate to it with all the drunk-nerd freestyle my pals and I did.

If you have any more of these... send em over. When I'm down, there's nothing like comedy tracks to pick me up. :)

I'll keep this going (with one I hope I haven't already shared) - one of the few in our 7 albums that I did all the music for.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/23/1289779/MOTU_%20AccessHataVision.mp3

Admittedly, Kyle is the star of Masters of the Universe. He is actually a skillful freestyler. I suck a fat one, but our synergy is what made the group. He's doing some stuff with his bros now, and it's cool, but lacking the magic of MOTU I think. I'm pretty busy with all my projects ATM, but I still hold onto hope that we will regroup for at least another album.
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:56 am

listening to accesshatavision

you guys are definitely good at freestyle :) i can't freestyle for shit, not quick enough on my words ... even my planned out lyrics are nowhere near as good as your guys' freestyles :)

wow my favourite part is when you start talking about adventure island :)

hehe, alrighty here's a couple more

here's the birthday song i did for lane that spawned his original freestyle response ..

"an infection of herpes" ... http://djiomusic.googlepages.com/io_-_an_infection_of_herpeshappy_bir.mp3

verse 1 is me dogging his previous girlfriends, verse 2 is about how we 1st met and some inside jokes :)

another birthday song for my friend jason ...

http://djiomusic.googlepages.com/theaby ... satanr.mp3

fuckin googlepages kills the formatting ... anyway , this was for jason's birthday ... a long time ago i just took stephen hawking's "a brief history of time" and used it as lyrics to MC over some jungle and made like a 30 minute recording of it, and jason really liked it so that's why i "took an excerpt of stephen hawking" in this song :)

ok, last bday song ...

http://djiomusic.googlepages.com/io-happybirthdaycami.mp3

this one was for Cami for her bday last year ... supposed to be like electro style ... she showed me a video of her rapping in like 1985 so i took some of the lyrics ( "everybody knows how to pop and rock, everybody knows how to do the moonwalk") and put it in this song for her :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:51 am

ahem, back on topic then ... tonight i decided to do a song by the great Stevie Wonder ...

http://djio4sdcompo.googlepages.com/io_-_i_just_called_to_say_i_love_you.mp3

the femaleness of the vocals didn't come out as well this time and i can't really figure out why .... oh well

fun fun fun :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:56 am

gonna record vocals for keepsake box soon :) i've still got congestion from that fucking cold though, it lasted over 3 weeks :(
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:48 pm

Welll, since it appears we've strayed beyond the original theme of 80's covers, I've renamed the title of this thread.

Also I found out that Stevie Wonder actually wrote the music for "tears of a clown"... So in a way, I will be doing 2 Stevie wonder covers in a row. But tears was next so I'm happy to do it. I also found out the song wasn't written in the 80's (I wondered why it had a motown beat) but actually in the 60's. I think the recording sounds pretty damn good, given that.

Anyway :)

Be on the lookout for that insanity soon. I might even not alter my voice for it! :shock: :shock: :D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Directionless » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:48 pm

organic io wrote: I might even not alter my voice for it! :shock: :shock: :D

HAHA cool!

well i'll get back interested in this thread. and bring more insanity too. cuz i have it.
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:58 pm

Yes I'm eagerly awaiting the specialized version of the ducktales theme :D :D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Re: The fucked up cover songs thread

Postby Directionless » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:14 pm

One of my MOTU partners and my GF were laughing about this Paris Hilton track. They gave me a listen and 10 mins later we had the basics of a song. Then I recorded my (non-singer) buddy singing it and by the next day we had a new parody track based loosely on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDaEEX48OhE

New Masters of the Universe track:

http://directionless.mynoisebleeds.com/ ... ris_Parody).mp3

*EDIT just paste that into the URL window cuz sdc forums don't allow parenthesis in the URL tags... and actually posts a BLANK post if the url includes parenthesis.
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:51 am

John! Nice to see you around :)

So I listened to the original mix, wow, this is completely terrible. Paris Hilton is the worst person ever, besides John Mccain. I honestly can't believe a woman who was born a few days before me made a song with lyrics like this. It's completely like something that an 11 year old would write.

Wow.... So the vocals in yours are like what Paris' sound like without autotuning right?
Good job man :D Hope to hear more MOTU stuff soon
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Directionless » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:44 pm

organic io wrote:John! Nice to see you around :)

So I listened to the original mix, wow, this is completely terrible. Paris Hilton is the worst person ever, besides John Mccain. I honestly can't believe a woman who was born a few days before me made a song with lyrics like this. It's completely like something that an 11 year old would write.

Good job man :D Hope to hear more MOTU stuff soon

Hi Scott!

organic io wrote:Wow.... So the vocals in yours are like what Paris' sound like without autotuning right?

Yeah, i think so. I just made it. Thats what you the listener are here for. heh. But my buddy expressed disappointment that he didn't hit his notes better and I felt that no, it is just right for this sort of mockery. :) As for the rest, i sort of hoped it would be a little more bumpin' than the original. But then again, i didn't give it too much of a listen. Sounded like i'd heard it a million times.
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:42 pm

Yours was more bumping!
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby paulnewns » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:25 am

Lets have some more of these.
This was cool :)
AMBTAX1 - USING RESNOISE