Songs and Releases not related to SDCompo.

lol

lol

Postby Directionless » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:01 pm

http://www.directionless.mynoisebleeds.com/music/Directionless_RuneisOne.mp3

This is my daughter's first birthday. so i made a quick track that turned out pretty cool, and then spoiled it, acting a fool. ;)
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Re: lol

Postby Directionless » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:40 pm

OK seriously now. heheh I hate that song :D

Here's the 'real' song. Plan to include this on my upcoming album.

http://www.directionless.mynoisebleeds.com/music/Directionless_Rune%201.mp3

Nothing is set in stone on the mix as I have no proper gear. Hoping to get some Sennheisers before releasing anything.
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby tenfour » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:35 pm

cool sound - the drums & melody mesh so well together. so much momentum. very polished sounding. i could be full of crap, but i think the fadeout sounds too long, and i feel like the tune needs something to grab my attention more. but maybe that's not what you were going for. i enjoyed listening to this - i can't wait to hear your album
tenfour
Regular
Regular

Postby Directionless » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:56 am

tenfour wrote:cool sound - the drums & melody mesh so well together. so much momentum. very polished sounding. i could be full of crap, but i think the fadeout sounds too long, and i feel like the tune needs something to grab my attention more. but maybe that's not what you were going for. i enjoyed listening to this - i can't wait to hear your album

Thanks buddy. I appreciate your feedback. I'll make note of it. Anything i'm making now is in demo stage so there's plenty of time for changes.

Can't wait to hear your next compo track! ;)
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Re: lol

Postby Directionless » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:16 am

here's a couple other demo works from this week. i'm just gonna keep cranking them out until i have a set of the best ones... then Aged and others can help me know what to tweak so they are album-worthy. :)

Directionless_CompetitionGame(demo).mp3

Directionless_SoulWinter(demo).mp3
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Rune is 1 is super cool, not at all what i was expecting from a b-day song :P (well you know how my b-day songs are, i thought it would sound more like merry fucking christmas) drums are great, great melodies. parts of it sound pretty busy about halfway through, with the melodies and the acid at the same time, but i like busy

competitiongame reminds me of keith303 kinda. very cool though, i love that kind of lead sound. something sounds a little offsync about the drums though

soulwinter is lovely, please bring me more songs like this
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Return to Non-SDCompo Songs