Discussions and Reviews of Music, Movies, Games, Electronics, Concerts, Technology, Events, and more.

Batman:Dark knight

Batman:Dark knight

Postby paulnewns » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:55 am

Actually lives up to the hype. Wouldn't be half as good without Heath Ledger though. Shame it will be his last (rip).
Slightly (slightly) cheesy in parts. Whenever I watch Batman films I am always amazed by the amount of crime that goes on in Gotham.
Like it is the epicentre of all the crime lords activity in the world.
Bum goes a bit numb after 2 hours and 20 mins too.
Still big 9/10 for me.
:)
AMBTAX1 - USING RESNOISE
paulnewns
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:12 am

I haven't seen any of the hype surrounding this. As I've been able to successfully detach myself from that machine by not having cable TV for the past 5 or so years. :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby chunter » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:46 pm

I literally haven't had enough money to go, but that's its own story.
chunter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby Sonicade » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:09 pm

I saw this in IMAX and it was pretty awesome. I'll echo everyones remarks in that it's Heath Ledgers most amazing role ever. The cinematography and story line were highly engaging. One of the coolest things I thought was the realism of the scenarios. Not that they didn't take a few liberties but it's much more grounded than your typical super hero movie ala Superman or Spiderman.
That said the desperation of the situations, while very cleverly presented did start to seem a bit absurd as the movie goes on. But it's a movie so that kind of automatically gets suspended. All and all it was very a impressive film.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Return to Media / Tech