General Discussion Forum.

Co-op instructions

Co-op instructions

Postby organic io » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:34 am

I couldn't remember how to set up a co-op but I did a search and found Sonicade's post on the issue. FYI:

Per Sonicade:
"Anyone is free to make a new coop login to compete.

Example coop login name: PurpleM_Necros

Coop accounts cannot vote for the individual entries of those involved in the coop. Anyone caught doing this will be thrown naked into the street and shot with a high powered water hose. Their entries will also be disqualified.

!! Retracted 11/12/2006 -Sonicade !!
(11/12/2006) Coop accounts can now vote for all entries.

Otherwise anyone is feel free to coop with anyone they like. Even group (3 or more people) coops are ok. Just please do not try and vote for your own entry from a coop, I don't want to disqualify anyone."
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:43 am

also, sonicade, can you change the policy about not allowing the same e-mail address to create a new account? i used another email address, but i might run out if i do any more coops :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:34 am

Thanks for stickying up some coop instructions Dj_io.
There really needs to be a system built to handle coop accounts which I just haven't gotten around to designing yet. In the mean time please bear with us by just creating another user account as the coop account. If you need an email address you can always create a Yahoo! or Google email account until we implement a better solution at SDCompo.
Last edited by Sonicade on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Coop Account Creation

Postby Sonicade » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:26 am

Coop accounts are becoming more common and although we haven't worked out a proper solution for them yet, here are some guidelines.

- Create your login and username to contain each coop nickname in any order seperated by a _ underscore. For example: PurpleMotion_Necros or Necros_PurpleMotion.
- You will need an additional email to setup a coop account so if you don't have another, create a GMail or Yahoo account.
- Currently the only restriction coop accounts is please do not vote for yourself or your coop partner(s) solo entries.

dj io wrote:also, sonicade, can you change the policy about not allowing the same e-mail address to create a new account? i used another email address, but i might run out if i do any more coops :)

I should be able to set this up when creating a solution for coop accounts. In the mean time please bear with using different emails. :(

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at either email on the Contact page.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:54 pm

Well we have seen that barring solo voting for coop entries has a negative effect on the overall results. So without further ado..

Coop accounts still must vote but are now allowed to vote for whomever you choose. Note that honesty plays a large part in this remaining fair. Be sure to consult with your coop partner(s) and vote on entries based on quality and not just because they are a coop partner.

Happy voting! :)
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Return to Compo Talk