General Discussion Forum.

Coop Voting Revolution (CVR)

Coop Voting Revolution (CVR)

Postby Sonicade » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:50 pm

This is a continuation of the discussion that started in the Round 10 topic but since it has moved on there I thought I'd make a new thread.

Regarding Coop voting, it's apparent to me that being unable to vote for your coop partner(s) is discouraging and not very appealing. The aim of this rule was to prevent people from obviously getting a free/extra vote from the coop.

Lets consider a new system: 1 vote per entry, per person, per round. Example scenarios:

Scenario 1:
2 people (joe and bob), 2 entries (joe's solo and a coop). Joe's solo will be entered by his solo login and the coop will be entered by the coop login. Both entries are allowed to vote for whom ever they choose since there are 2 entries and 2 people involved.

Scenario 2:

3 people (joe, bob and billy), 2 entries (joe's solo and a coop). Joe's solo will be entered by his solo login and allowed to vote. The coop this time is between 3 people but is still 1 entry so allowed to vote once.

Scenario 3:

2 people (joe and bob again), 3 entries (joe's solo, bob's solo and a coop). Joe's solo will be entered by his solo login. Bob's solo will be entered by his solo login. The coop will be entered with the coop login. In this case both solo entries would be allowed to vote but the coop would not be allowed to vote. Joe and Bob could vote their respective favorites from their solo logins and the coop login would refrain from voting.

All votes in all scenarios can vote for anyone.
Post your thoughts, if you think this is a better way to handle coop voting or not.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:19 pm

And all are silent. Do not fear the revolution..
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:33 pm

i uhh havne't been getting enough sleep lately and i'm not a statustician so i have no idea whether this would be better or worse. the fact that you would be able to vote for your own coop from your solo might be pretty weird
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby RobWilliamsJnr » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:53 am

Every ENTRY - should get one vote - and should be allowed to vote for ANYTHING except itself. If there are n entries, then every entry is elligble to receive n-1 votes.

Scenario 3 above places non-voting coops at an advantage. It is an advantage for yourself NOT to vote. voting gives points to other entries!

If there are n entries, and x non-voting entries, then:

A normal entry is elligble for votes from n-1-x users.
A non voting entry is elligble for votes from n-x users.

If people really wanted to vote for themselves, there are much easier ways than going to the effort of creating a coop... just sign up with an alternate email address and submit a trivial entry.
RobWilliamsJnr
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:52 am

one of these rounds i'm just going to see how many people i can coop with and have like 6 entries

btw, whenever i see the abbreviation "coop", i always think of it pronounced like chicken coop, not co-op.
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby aged » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:08 pm

dj io wrote:one of these rounds i'm just going to see how many people i can coop with and have like 6 entries

btw, whenever i see the abbreviation "coop", i always think of it pronounced like chicken coop, not co-op.

i had that in my mind too, make as many coop song as i only can :)

( chicken coops... YOU PERVERT! Visit Dr. Aged's office to clear your thoughts.. )
aged
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:36 pm

oh maybe chicken coop is some slang sexual phrase that i wasn't aware of.

i was thinking of something like this

organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby aged » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:23 am

dj io wrote:oh maybe chicken coop is some slang sexual phrase that i wasn't aware of.

that's still quite perverted! ;)
aged
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby Sonicade » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:52 am

dj io wrote:oh maybe chicken coop is some slang sexual phrase that i wasn't aware of.

Hahah, hilarious! It's even got three easy access egg doors! What more could you want! :lol:
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:39 pm

support for xrns files
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:01 pm

Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:55 pm

per sonicade's say on the co-op instructions thread:

sonicade wrote:Well we have seen that barring solo voting for coop entries has a negative effect on the overall results. So without further ado..

Coop accounts still must vote but are now allowed to vote for whomever you choose. Note that honesty plays a large part in this remaining fair. Be sure to consult with your coop partner(s) and vote on entries based on quality and not just because they are a coop partner.

Happy voting!
[/quote]
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:02 pm

we made it confusing because Mick, Rob and I have the co-op triangle of death... and Rob has a solo entry as well. I just wanted to make it clear ??..

questions:

1) Is the Rob solo account allowed to vote for either of the co-ops that he participated in? From what I understand, the answer is Yes.
Sonicade, please Confirm/Deny

2) Are the Rob-co-op accounts allowed to vote for the Rob Solo entry?
I understand the answer to be yes?

3) Is the Djio_Rob account allowed to vote for the DJio_Mick account?
I understand the answer to be yes?

4) Is a co-op account allowed to vote for itself? this is what i'm confused about because in your top post , you said "All votes in all scenarios can vote for anyone. "... i thought that meant they could also vote for themselves? But I was probably just confused about this.

----

Not that I plan on trying to cheat or anything. I haven't even listened to most of the other entries yet, I just wanted to make sure about those rules.

Thanks!
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:10 am

Sorry, late reply on this one but all entries can vote for any entry except itself. It's up to the voters to use discretion. :)
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:00 pm

wow @ lateness! yeah, i used my discretion. we did it like this: mick voted from the djio_mick account, rob voted from the robbingmick account, and i voted from the djio_rwj account.
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Next

Return to Compo Talk