General Discussion Forum.

Coop Voting Revolution (CVR)

Postby Sonicade » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:57 am

organic io wrote:Since there is no group registration system yet like Knetter suggested, does this just mean you will have to watch the votes to make sure nobody from a coop votes on the coop from their individual account?

I also suggest you add it to the rules that the coop can't vote for the individual entries, just so the question doesn't come up later :)

Yes and Yes. Added the rule to the rules. :)
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby knetter » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:51 am

Sonicade wrote:So until a proper coop system can be implemented, I added the revised rules for coops in Rule #8. Having read this thread it seems like barring solo voting on coops is the fairest method. If it poses an issue we can re-examine it.

Yes that seems to be the best solution for now. Thanks S'cade!
-- grtz Knetter
knetter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:17 am

Another question Sonicade, now that Disco Calienteness has entered 3 rounds, are we allowed to vote with that account on a round that we didn't participate in? Or is that redundant since Paul and I already get a vote?

Let me know :D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:19 am

You know I just had an idea.. What if, when you setup your account at SDcompo, there is a checkbox that says "Is this a co-op account?" which you can check if it is. That could flag the account to prevent it from doing things like voting off round (depending on your verdict on that situation). Also the account's font or background colour could be highlighted or a different colour to signify that it's a co-op.

what do you think?
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:56 pm

organic io wrote:Another question Sonicade, now that Disco Calienteness has entered 3 rounds, are we allowed to vote with that account on a round that we didn't participate in? Or is that redundant since Paul and I already get a vote?

That would probably be considered redundant if you and Paul already voted.

organic io wrote:You know I just had an idea.. What if, when you setup your account at SDcompo, there is a checkbox that says "Is this a co-op account?" which you can check if it is. That could flag the account to prevent it from doing things like voting off round (depending on your verdict on that situation). Also the account's font or background colour could be highlighted or a different colour to signify that it's a co-op.

what do you think?

That's definitely along the lines of what I would like to do with the proper coop accounts. With music and work I just haven't had time to put into the development side of SDCompo. I'd like to be able to have a coop account? check box and then select the members of the coop. After signing up, confirmation emails would go out to the selected members to verify their participation in the coop account.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:06 pm

Sonicade wrote:
organic io wrote:Another question Sonicade, now that Disco Calienteness has entered 3 rounds, are we allowed to vote with that account on a round that we didn't participate in? Or is that redundant since Paul and I already get a vote?

That would probably be considered redundant if you and Paul already voted..

Tell me no. Otherwise I will still wonder :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:03 pm

organic io wrote:Tell me no. Otherwise I will still wonder :)

Well the thing is, if you or Paul don't vote, then it would be fine to vote on Disco_Calienteness. However if you and Paul vote on individual accounts and don't enter a coop entry then voting on Disco_Calienteness would be redundant.

Additional/redundant voting through coop accounts isn't allowed.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:53 am

:D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Previous

Return to Compo Talk