General Discussion Forum.

Round 34 rule/generator question

Round 34 rule/generator question

Postby junkieman » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:06 am

Hi everyone, the name's junkieman, and im glad to be here!

im going to give round 34 a shot, but i have a question about the rules - before i submit an invalid entry ;)

rule #3 states "..Internal synthesis of any kind is not allowed."

im using Psycle, which has machines to generate sounds internally. does this rule stop me from using those machines, even if i stick to the ones that you get with the standard install of Psycle?

i have no problem sticking to samples, but tweaking is much easier and fun with the level of control the generators give you.

laters :D
junkieman
Newb
Newb

Postby organic io » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:10 am

Welcome to the compo!

Yeah, those are not allowed because they don't come standard with other trackers, for example Renoise and modplug. This compo originally started as Renoise only, so generally the limitations set for other trackers are that you can only use the same type of effects/features as Renoise. I don't know if Psycle has a draw sample feature, but you could use that if it does.

P.S... Stick around for a few rounds, because sometimes we have vsti rounds which are always fun

:D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:09 pm

Hi Junkieman, welcome to SDCompo!

Regarding internal Psycle synthesis, in typical samplepack rounds the answer would be yes, they are not allowed. This is to keep everyone using the sounds from the samplepack.

The history behind the rule is as Organic IO described. However this round allows any samples. Any synthesis as long as it is rendered to a sample file is allowed. Thanks for catching that, it should be nixed from the rules since it's not entirely accurate for this round.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby junkieman » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:30 am

Thanks for the welcome, and the clarification :)

Im going to push for an entry for this round, and I'd love to stick around for more.
junkieman
Newb
Newb

Postby paulnewns » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:45 pm

Welcome junkieman :)

Always look forward to new music...
AMBTAX1 - USING RESNOISE
paulnewns
Insomniac
Insomniac

Return to Compo Talk