Round 41 Inspiration

Postby Sonicade » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Airmann » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Hey Sonicade,

actually I'm working on a Canon Remix.

I'm aware that it has been done several times before. But the guy - Johann Pachelbel - who wrote the Canon was born in the german town Nuremberg were I was born, too. (he also died there)

After watching the youtube stuff I'm a bit discouraged since I'm not sure if my current results will honour this man and it's great canon. Right now I've the feeling that I could totally ruin it :-/.

But I'll try the best :-) ... cu
Airmann
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby chunter » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:15 pm

As long as it isn't a cover of "The Hook" it should be just fine.

YouTube is loaded with examples of the chords to Pachelbel's Canon abused in pop music.
chunter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby Sonicade » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Airmann wrote:Hey Sonicade,

actually I'm working on a Canon Remix.

I'm aware that it has been done several times before. But the guy - Johann Pachelbel - who wrote the Canon was born in the german town Nuremberg were I was born, too. (he also died there)

After watching the youtube stuff I'm a bit discouraged since I'm not sure if my current results will honour this man and it's great canon. Right now I've the feeling that I could totally ruin it :-/.

But I'll try the best :-) ... cu

Wow that's pretty awesome that you are from the same town as Johan Pachelbel. I'm sure in your hands the results will turn out great. Looking forward to hearing it.

There have been a ton of covers of Pachelbel's Canon and a lot of them are crap. I think if you put forth your own honest interpretation then it's still something worthwhile.

Lastly the video links are meant to be inspirational! To show how some differ from the original and some stick more close to the original.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:04 pm

chunter wrote:As long as it isn't a cover of "The Hook" it should be just fine.

YouTube is loaded with examples of the chords to Pachelbel's Canon abused in pop music.

I found these videos in a classical remix playlist on Youtube. Most of the videos were like you said really crap remixes of the Pachelbel Canon chord progressions. These were the videos which I thought had some merit.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby chunter » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:25 pm

No, what I meant is stuff like Pachelbel's Rant or 4 chords 40 songs. Will find links again later if interested.
chunter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby Airmann » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:08 pm

Pachelbels Rant is absolutely great ... laughed till it hurt :-)
Airmann
Insomniac
Insomniac

Return to Compo Talk