General Discussion Forum.

Round 50 - Congrats SDcompo!

Round 50 - Congrats SDcompo!

Postby organic io » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:12 am

I don't have anything specific to say, except that 50 rounds is a landmark and deserves a thread! Thank you to Sonicade for conceiving and providing this community for us. There are now 648+ songs that have been written over the past 4 years that would have never existed if it weren't for you :D

Sonicade, I appreciate your work and dedication, and willingness to be flexible and let us "make the compo our own"
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby shadowbane » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:27 am

I have only been here for half of the 50 rounds, but this place has always been amazing. And it really doesn't seem like it has been that long. How time flies.

Anyway, Thanks Sonicade!
shadowbane
Regular
Regular

Postby KungFuFurby » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:07 am

I've only submitted a tune for a single round (the previous round), but I'm taking full advantage of the time I have on my hands and producing a heck of a tune. In what style? I'll leave that to your imagination.
Just consider me a person using a PPC Mac to make music... and to listen to your music! ^_^
KungFuFurby
Newb
Newb

Postby Sonicade » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Thanks for the kudos guys. That's a lot of music. I feel like we should do something to promote it more.

SDCompo continues to be one of the most rewarding projects I've ever been a part of. Every round you guys come up with amazing tunes. It never fails to surprise me how great they are. As long as people continue to upload music I'll keep the compo going.

Cheers,
Kentaro / Sonicade
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Airmann » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:04 pm

fully agree .... absolutely great achievement, especially over that long period. 648 songs is A LOT. WOW ! And there are a lot of great ones and real hits included. Really, this board is more than amazing.

#50 is indeed a landmark. Good to hear that the journey will be continued.

Congratulations Sonicade and thanks to Organic IO for his administrative and encouraging contributions, and all others that make it possible :-).

You guys are great !
Airmann
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby knetter » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Congrats, definitely!! And thanks for making this possible!
-- grtz Knetter
knetter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Return to Compo Talk