General Discussion Forum.

SDC #71 Commodore Deluxe WITH ZAMPLER

SDC #71 Commodore Deluxe WITH ZAMPLER

Postby flipbit03 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey guys,

Using Renoise + BeatZamplerBlackMambaEdition i can't load the .fxp files from the Commodore 64 Deluxe Synthesizer Sessions (It errors out and tries to load a .sfz file from an unkown folder, probably in the computer of the original releaser). Yet if i download the exact same pack from the Zampler's website (and this one has a .FXB and loads properly in BeatZamplerBlackMambaEdition) it works okay and allows me to quickly test the sounds and stuff.

Is that acceptable or that would be breaking the rules? It's the same pack (check it out at http://www.zampler.de:8080/upload/Zampler_Commodore_64_Deluxe.zip) but organized in a way that loads the .fxb just fine on BeatZamplerBlackMambaEdition instead of the one posted in the compo link (http://ubuntuone.com/13te19SKPv7se4AO8INZuI) which idk why but seems like had the folder structured reorganized for some purpose and won't load properly.

Looking forward to an answer! See you guys around!

PS: Forgive me if i might be missing out some point or config (i'ma noob) but i think i'm onto something here ^~^ cya
flipbit03
Newb
Newb

Re: SDC #71 Commodore Deluxe WITH ZAMPLER

Postby organic io » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Yeah that is completely fine to load the fxp however you need to get it to work. In fact, you could use any fxp that you are legally entitled to use. <--- This would always be the case unless using not-included fxp or settings was mentioned in the Rules... Though that has never been an exclusion before.

Hope this helps, and good luck! :D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Re: SDC #71 Commodore Deluxe WITH ZAMPLER

Postby chunter » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:56 pm

I have no problem with it, personally, it's the same as if somebody already had the VSTs from the pack and didn't download them again. ;)

I got the samples to load by using the "other formats" plugin, which loaded the .sfz's without issue.
chunter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Return to Compo Talk