General Discussion Forum.

Post compo song to SoundCloud, can i?

Post compo song to SoundCloud, can i?

Postby flipbit03 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Can i post my uploaded song to SoundCloud now or do i have to wait for the judging to occur ?

Cya and thanks in advance <3
flipbit03
Newb
Newb

Re: Post compo song to SoundCloud, can i?

Postby gilli » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:45 am

Demoscene habit is that you don't release your work before judgement, because a release that is familiar to listeners might possibly get higher votes.

But I don't expect people to judge differently about a song that they get to know 3 days earlier before deadline. Especially because those, who can vote for your song are SDC-members only.

For instance, in the last round tenfour had uploaded his entry to Soundcloud a week before SDC's deadline. Being an entrant myself, I didn't feel disadvantaged at all. If I felt like, I could have done the same.

If you care a lot, you should also keep in mind that those who haven't uploaded their song yet, can listen to your song on Soundcloud and find ideas how to improve/change their own song against yours.
gilli
Regular
Regular

Re: Post compo song to SoundCloud, can i?

Postby flipbit03 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:08 am

Thanks for the reply :-) You're right, it's probably best to wait and then post to whatever place i want, and even better: If the song is worth it, i can develop it further without the constraints and stuff!!

Thanks <3

Cya!
flipbit03
Newb
Newb

Return to Compo Talk