Topics not related to SDCompo.

Trackmania!!!!

Trackmania!!!!

Postby organic io » Thu May 01, 2008 1:54 pm

so Chotoro, I usually play on american servers. I am still technically part of the RF team, we have a Rounds server with some insane difficult maps that are fun to fail over and over and over until you finally get it right. Z rounds server in UK used to be a great place to go as well. On forever, so far I've really only had a chance to play on a couple of servers but the UNRT server has had some really good tracks so far. It looks like the overall calibre of tracks on forever is higher than it was on old nations, so things are looking up :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby fbjon » Thu May 01, 2008 7:31 pm

Well, I feel I'm still in the learning phase.. I'm pretty good at driving, but the other aspects of TM are still shrouded in mystery for me. Like how the ladder system works exactly, since you apparently can't lose points. And the difference between ladder ranking and the other ranking. And a whole buncha things I can't think of right now...

Meh, right now I'm just driving around to sample the insane variety of tracks out there anyway.. :)
_
Image Chotoro gallery
fbjon
Regular
Regular

Postby organic io » Thu May 01, 2008 11:11 pm

The "other ranking" is medals, I'm not really sure how that works either. I think you earn medals from completing single player challenges.

As for the ladder, it's just a points race. The person with the most points is #1 on the world ladder, and so on... Although I never figured out how new points are created, since usually when you play with other players around the same ranking, you don't get as many points from them (it's fractions instead of ~5 points per person you beat who is ranked higher than you)

If you ever see "boost" servers, that's where a lot of points are generated, usually there are a bunch of high ranked players placed there solely for lower ranked players to beat them, to get more points. I've only done that a couple times because it seems kind of stupid. Points are vain anyway, I'm in it for the fun :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Fri May 02, 2008 12:08 am

I played for about 30 minutes tonight before my internet connection started getting quirky. My world rank when from around 125,000 down to less than 100,000 because I played on a server with over 50 people. Every round I would be beating 10+ people higher than my rank, so I was getting like 40 or 50 points every track. Heeh

I accepted your friend invitation tonight, although I don't know if we'll ever be on at the same time. I usually play late at night here, which is most likely when you're asleep there. When do you usually play?
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby fbjon » Fri May 02, 2008 5:48 am

I play during the evening/night too, and occasionally during the day. Probably never in the morning though, which would be night for you :)
_
Image Chotoro gallery
fbjon
Regular
Regular

Postby organic io » Fri May 02, 2008 7:30 am

Yea. Maybe on a weekend or something :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Return to Off-topic