Topics not related to SDCompo.

laptop died, any advice?

laptop died, any advice?

Postby attwad » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi guys,
Yesterday my laptop left me after 3 years of good service, the fan simply couln't handle any more of the heat... Well! I guess it's time for me to buy a new laptop :-)

So if anyone has a good advice on what model I should choose for musical creation feel free to share!

Thanks, and good luck for the round that just started!
attwad
Newb
Newb

Postby chunter » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:57 pm

You can build a desktop as better bang-for-buck 8)

Otherwise, laptop brands all have their share of issues and supporters. I have most experience with Compaq products since they are the ones that keep being handed down to me in some way; it's easy to find them as surplus. Just try to buy one with ample RAM memory and a dual core processor (although I make do on single-core just fine) and I think you'll be happy.
chunter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby Sonicade » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:53 am

I picked up an Acer Aspire 5735-6694 for under $500. I usually keep an eye out at Techbargains.com for something in my price range.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby attwad » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Thank you guys for the responses :-)
For now, I will try to manage with a laptop that a colleague kindly gave to me temporarily... unfortunately this week-end I hadn't any luck in making renoise run flawlessly... (VERY old laptop...)
But I went to the dell website of my country and got a very interesting promo, so my new computer should be here in one week or two I hope, just in time to create an uplifting song ;-)
Until then, I will return to some guitar exercises I think...
attwad
Newb
Newb

Postby organic io » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:25 am

You could always record the guitar parts on the old laptop with a click track, and then you will have them ready to go once you get Renoise running on the new one. :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby attwad » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:40 pm

Sure! But "uplifting" has left me goodidealess for the moment... we'll see ^^
attwad
Newb
Newb

Postby attwad » Sat May 09, 2009 3:02 am

Just ordered my new computer at dell... they told me it will take a month for the delivery... well there is no helping it so I don't know if I will be able to put up a song for this month :-(
attwad
Newb
Newb

Return to Off-topic