Topics not related to SDCompo.

On my record player this month

Postby organic io » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:18 pm

a bunch of stuff from users on traxinspace :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

august update

Postby aged » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:08 am

Been while since last update :)

Blaqk Audio - Cex Cells // AFI frontman singing in apoptygma berzerk-like project
Vanity Beach - Vengeange EP // My projects drummer plays in this band too... http://www.vanity-beach.com/
Funeral For A Friend - Tales don't tell themselves // Their best so far, some songs reminds me of 'Freak of nature'
Aged - Work in progress // I've been writing songs for my EP, so i got no option ;)
aged
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:31 am

tori amos - american doll posse

i was going to list all my favourite songs from the album, but now that even the songs i didn't like at first are growing on me, i'd end up listing about 15 songs... so... WOW!

tori amos is consistently amazing
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Justin Credible » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi,

apart from participating the monthly SDCompo i am quite into remixing atm. I posted a recommendation to give my favourite band a try - called Fluke (my inspiration and "idols" btw).

I just finished a new remix of one of their live- tracks yesterday
The song is called "Top of the World" and was released back in 1993.
Here is a link to my remix:

http://www.adambomb.info/downloads/Topoftheworld.rar

If you like what you are hearing here is another link to a complete and totally free remastered live concert - i really urge you to give it a try - Progressive House Music is defined by FLUKE
http://www.2bitpie.net/2bitpie/Files/Soundcity97.rar

I bet that most of you recognize at least Atom Bomb or Absurd - both tunes are often featured in various movies.

FLUKE is on my records only and always.
The Concert was recorded back in 1997 - after ten years all of the songs still sound fresh and new for me.

Justin
"Let Go"
It's not about being on the Cover of a magazine - it's about making music.
Justin Credible
Regular
Regular

september rocks

Postby aged » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:51 am

quick update -

Emigrate - Emigrate // Rammstein lead guitarists solo, Rammstein meets Zeromancer :) (industrial metal)
KMFDM - Tohuvabohu // You just gotta listen to this
Keith Caputo - Died Laughing Pure (acoustic) // I'm sucker for acoustic music. Original version of this album is still on my top 10 albums ever made...

that's it for now.
aged
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:07 am

Kate Rusby - the girl who couldn't fly.

i've been re-listening to this a lot lately... because it's amazingly lush, yet somehow instrumentally minimal. i guess it's because Kate Rusby has the sweetest voice ever. her pitch is so dead on, it's simply amazing to listen to. tracks like "the lark", "moon shadow", and particularly "little jack frost" are highly recommended.

and ... i just found out last night that she has a new album out... so i'm looking forward to listening to that in the coming weeks :D :D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby overthruster » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:01 am

ive been listening to the delfonics lately, and the ronettes... quite different from each other, the delfonics have some DEVASTATING tracks, especially "ready or not, here i come" and the ronettes, well, i mean, besides being excellent examples of stupid sugary pop from the 60s, the production is really neat
overthruster
Insomniac
Insomniac

sep upd

Postby aged » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:28 pm

quick update for september...

Ministry - The Last Sucker // yeah, the last album...
Taking Back Sunday - Louder // their first good album, you call it emo, i call it rock :)
Arsonists Get All The Girls - The Game Of Life // Experimental grindcore
aged
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby aged » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:56 pm

october

Thrice - Alchemy Index Vol 1 & 2 // 2 first EP's ( 2 more to come) Post-hardcore, rock, electronica...

Dog Fashion Disco - The City is Alive Tonight...Live in Baltimore CD/DVD
// Veeery intense live show to see/hear :)

Puscifer - Don't Shoot the Messenger EP // Can't wait for the full lenght album 'V is for vagina' released on october 30th
aged
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby aged » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:06 pm

time for an update.. this is what's playing when i'm not writing music myself:

(oh, youtubular stuff again+myspacular)

Protest The Hero - Blood Meat (album:Fortress) // full prog metal gonads of mathcore
The Mars Volta - Ilyenat (album:the bedlam in goliath) // more prog madness
Never Enough - The Devil I Am (album:Never Enough) // synth-driven rock á NIN, manson, dope, gravity kills... fresh?!

Plus some of this
aged
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Fri May 02, 2008 12:13 am

hey aged, we've been too inactive here.

here's a boost...

Long Range - Madness and me (album)

This is one of the guys from the now defunct Orbital plus another guy. Amazing album. I listened to it quite a bit last fall and really enjoyed the 1st half of the album, now while playing trackmania the last few nights I've been listening to the whole thing and entirely digging into the last few tracks. The last song, "Punky", in particular, is incredible. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:48 pm

Well, haven't updated in a while.

this was actually a couple of weeks ago but anyway ...
Pendulum - Hold your Color
OK, some of the beats are pretty generic/standard techstep d&b with not much variation, but the songwriting is really superb. Great stuff

and now, I'm listening to
organic io - a history of
:)

Every couple of years, I go through a retrospective period where I listen to all my old tracks in chronological order, kind of gives me a feel for how much I've progressed and also where I want to take things for the future. I just started this morning so I'm in the process of listening to the really crappy s3m files right now. Love it :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:19 pm

I know what you mean by going back and listening to old tracks Organic IO. I think it's time for a trip down memory lane for myself as well. It's fun to listen to old tracks and be glad you've made improvements that plagued older tracks.

I moved to a new apartment that has great audio possibilities (can play music loudly) so I'm preping to immerse myself in audio!
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:17 pm

Sweet!

I've been meaning to go and listen to YOUR old tracks too! :D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:28 pm

This thread is proving its worth. I went back to look at older entries while making my "best songs of 2006" compilations. Helped me round things up faster :)

Currently ...

Balligomingo - Beneath the Surface

Sonically, this is pretty much a clone of Delerium. Maybe not very original, and maybe the production isn't as good as Delerium, but the songwriting is, and that's what matters most. Really superb :D

Coming up soon... Cyndi Lauper's new album!!! I'm pumped to check this out!!
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic