Renoise tracker related topics.

When did you first get into Renoise?

Postby MickRip » Wed May 10, 2006 9:14 pm

Using old tracker legacy(inferior) technologies is a strange and interesting psychological phenomenon. Why do people prefer to limit themselves? I know I'm guilty of it.

It's a bit like choosing a racing car that has a limited maximum speed and maneuverability, as opposed to the fastest car possible.

Why do I choose the inferior car? Is it more fun to drive? Is the speed more comfortable? Less chance of making a mistake? Safer?

Perhaps it's about the avoiding the faster car? Too many options, too many risks. In a race, if you chose to drive at the same speed as the inferior car, your inferior style will be exposed? Fear of failure? Fear of success?!?

Not that I perceive tracking as competitive, but I do see it as an adventure from A to B. And comfortable shoes do help.
MickRip
Regular
Regular

Postby dilvie » Tue May 16, 2006 5:00 am

If I remember right (and I often don't), Mick Rippon introduced me to Renoise in 2005. I cranked out my first Renoise track a couple days after buying it. I shelled out the cash the very first day, because I knew I'd found what I was looking for.

- Eric
dilvie
Regular
Regular

Postby Sonicade » Tue May 16, 2006 5:41 am

Hello Dilvie and welcome to SDCompo. :)
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby dilvie » Tue May 16, 2006 5:52 am

Sonicade wrote:Hello Dilvie and welcome to SDCompo. :)

Glad to be here. I have Mick to thank for it. =)
dilvie
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Renoise