Renoise tracker related topics.

Might start using teh Renoizzze

Might start using teh Renoizzze

Postby aGIANTpupafish » Sat May 24, 2008 2:08 pm

Any tips or advice for me?

Was pissing about stringing some easy trance loops together this afternoon, I like the mixing features, makes it much easier.
aGIANTpupafish
Regular
Regular

Postby Sonicade » Sat May 24, 2008 6:41 pm

Renoise has a great community which is really one of the best things about the program. It's hard to learn software if you don't have anyone to ask questions but post on the Renoise beginners forum and you're likely to have people jumping to answer it.

Some urls you can check out:

Lots of Renoise related info. Look down the left column for different subjects including the essential pattern effect commands.
http://tutorials.renoise.com/

The Renoise Forums are a good place to go with with questions, especially the beginners questions if you're new to the software.
http://www.renoise.com/board/
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby rawspectra » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:35 am

Get some samples, learn some keys and get started :D
check the effects out, and with that the automation functions, theyre sweet!
Also the sample editor is all you need to cut the sample the way you want.
hm, also try to get as many xrns (renoise mods) as you can, its very useful to look what someone else does.
Oh and last but not least,
just have a good time. :wink:
rawspectra
Newb
Newb

Postby chunter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:58 pm

Were you one of the psycle users?

The biggest learning curve I had coming from Impulse Tracker clones like Schism and Chibi (and the minor problem I have when I occasionally go back to either) is that the keys are different. I can make some of the keys behave like IT but I'd rather just learn the defaults, since it makes fresh installs easier to deal with.

Most definitely play with the mixer and the effects plugins, and if it becomes relevant for you, play with VSTs and learn how renoise treats them.

Sample drawing and slicing is neat, but the killer (in a good way, for me) is being able to right click and render a highlighted section to sample, it saves some CPU and makes slicing easier.
chunter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Return to Renoise