Tracking and Demoscene discussion.

fun new tracker being worked on

fun new tracker being worked on

Postby overthruster » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:42 pm

http://www.10pm.org/nostromo/lgpt/

its for gamepark gamepark 2x and windows. its based on little sound dj, the gameboy tracker. its relatively simple right now but marc is working on tables (effects chains) which are one of the most powerful aspects of little sound dj.

its a little different from "regular" trackers, but hook a joystick up to it with joy2key or someting and its really fast and comfortable. its fast and comfortable with the keyboard as well, i just prefer it with joystick/gamepad cos of my background with lsdj

oh and its free.
overthruster
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:35 am

fawk, it's a shame i sold my gp32 and bought a PSP....

why can't somebody make a tracker for PSP!?!!?!!?!?!!!!!!!!11
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby overthruster » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:05 pm

yeah im actually thinking about getting a gamepark mostly just because of this tracker... ive been using it a lot more just in the last couple days and its pretty amazing/// so flexible and powerful WOOH!

and the guy is working on tables!! im excited like crazy for that.

but you can still run it in windows!!
overthruster
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:36 pm

i was considering getting one of the newer gp2x's , i also saw they make a few cheaper version, like the one for kids is less than $100... do you think it's totally compatible with the same programs though?

i was also considering getting a pocket pc to run milkytracker.
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby overthruster » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:46 pm

the kids version is NOT compatible with gp2x/gp32 software. which is pretty dumb imo

but a gp2x is only about 150usd so its pretty cheap, and i am pretty sure that besides the one in dev right now is the most powerful and DEFINITELY has the most software for it. (which still isnt that much, but more and more people are working on stuff for it)

my friend who has one says that it runs quake 1 pretty much perfectly, so... and there is a duke nukem 3d for it and they just came out with this game called "payback" which is pretty much a ripoff of the old gta games...

im mostly going to use it for watching movies and playing live, tho...
overthruster
Insomniac
Insomniac

Return to Tracking / Demoscene