Tracking and Demoscene discussion.

WHO DO YOU WRITE MUSIC FOR?

Postby Directionless » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:38 am

Harmony wrote:I write my music for myself and if other people also like it that's a bonus :) I love the end-result but I love the process of tracking more, those wonderful hours where you exist only in the world between your headphones - there's nothing like it.

you have some really awesome music. :)
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby Harmony » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:59 pm

Directionless wrote:you have some really awesome music. :)

Thank you :)!
---------------------
www.alarinmusic.com
---------------------
Harmony
Regular
Regular

Postby BruchFrei » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:32 pm

When I first started it was because I wanted to create a full track but had no means of recording individual instruments or the funds to do so, so the first program I started to get into was FL which I found frustrating after a while with crashes and not being able to get out of it what I was after.
My main motivation at the time was for others to hear the ideas I had because I have pretty much always played by ear without much knowledge of music theory and I couldn't play what I heard in my head.

After a while of not doing any tracking for lack of info how to progress further and not knowing anyone else that was into tracking (doesn't help living in an isolated area :P) I met auxie who got me into Jeskola Buzz and introduced this compo and the general scene to me I started to use tracking more as an outlet for my own interest but still enjoy hearing others opinions. Ideally I'd love to be able to do it for a living but I still think my overall knowledge and skill needs alot more finetuning for that to happen.
BruchFrei
Newb
Newb

Postby chunter » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:29 pm

I put so much pressure on myself to make music for a living, that nowadays, first and foremost, I create music for my own pleasure. When I enter, I don't really expect to win, I just hope to get a little feedback.

I worry a little, because although I'm composing for my own pleasure, I don't listen back on past pieces that often. It's like once something's in the can I don't want to hear it anymore.

I'm thankful that the tracking community gives a way to create music very cheaply, because the costs of instruments and performing gear are way beyond my means.
chunter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby cralias » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:10 pm

I create music and other quite musical stuff for myself. These days it is easy enough for guys like me to make something musical and I just dig in it as much as my time allows it.

Being the most greatest newb here all in all. :D
cralias
Newb
Newb

Previous

Return to Tracking / Demoscene