Tracking and Demoscene discussion.

Renoise vs. Ableton Live Ducking Techniques

Renoise vs. Ableton Live Ducking Techniques

Postby u4ic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:15 pm

A quick tutorial overview of the different techniques used within Renoise and Ableton Live for allowing your Bass Section to duck your Kick section. Plus, how to utilize rewire to achieve the Ableton effect directly in a Renoise song.

Hopefully I will have a chance to redo this with a direct sound input in the next few days. Although, I am sure this can inspire many people to use rewire effectively..
u4ic
Newb
Newb

Postby plusminus » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:44 pm

You accidentally your link in your post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJYyJ2GP6Nw

Even though I'm not using any of that software I enjoyed watching the video. Nice job. I don't think you need to completely redo the Audio but rendering some patterns to disk and splicing them in appropriately might be a good idea.
Singing is a trick to get people to listen to music for longer than they would ordinarily. -- David Byrne

+- is 68k
plusminus
Regular
Regular

Postby u4ic » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:30 am

Thnx man, I have some more tricks up my sleeve to get onto video soon.. This is just the beginning of many possibilities..
u4ic
Newb
Newb

Postby organic io » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:17 pm

plusminus wrote:You accidentally your link in your post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJYyJ2GP6Nw

Even though I'm not using any of that software I enjoyed watching the video. Nice job. I don't think you need to completely redo the Audio but rendering some patterns to disk and splicing them in appropriately might be a good idea.

You accidentally forgot to write the word "forgot"...

Or maybe it wasn't accidental? :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby plusminus » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Singing is a trick to get people to listen to music for longer than they would ordinarily. -- David Byrne

+- is 68k
plusminus
Regular
Regular

Postby plusminus » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Back to the topic at hand, what is it about using Ableton that makes it so much better for this task? Are the Renoise compression algorithms just not very high quality? I always appreciate when videos like this talk about the "why" and not just the "how", though perhaps it would be obvious if I were using that software...

+- is 68k
plusminus
Regular
Regular

Return to Tracking / Demoscene