Fast Tracker
6%
Modplug Tracker
18%
Skale Tracker
No votes
Buzz Tracker
No votes
Something older (noisetracker, modedit, madtracker, etc)
6%
Psycle?
6%
non-tracker (cubase, logic, reason, fruity loops, acid, cakewalk, etc)
6%
other (post comments)
6%

Total votes : 17

What did you primarily use before renoise?

What did you primarily use before renoise?

Postby organic io » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:30 pm

I know many of us have used several other trackers before renoise, but what is the main one you used to use?
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby hcys » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:05 pm

Dabbled with most of them, but IT is the only one with some real wear on it.
hcys
Regular
Regular

Postby Sonicade » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:32 pm

IT here, good o'le IT. I still have some cool ideas in .IT modules I would liked to have finished. But IT up and went obsolete on me! :lol:
I'll have to recreate em sometime in Renoise I guess. ;)
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby hcys » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:51 pm

Hehe yeah me too. Poured myself into that program with all these amazing 3 pattern ideas (:D), and now they've all but gone to the wind.

I've had a few encounters with ReViSiT: http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/download.htm trying to see what could be done, but I never seem to have the time, because there's always this weird thing going on around me. It's called SDCompo, and I don't know if you've ever heard of it, but it's kind of keeping me from rejuvenating my old IT mods. It's not like I'm lazy and need something to pin it on or anything like that.
hcys
Regular
Regular

Postby Sonicade » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:07 am

hcys wrote:I've had a few encounters with ReViSiT: http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/download.htm trying to see what could be done, but I never seem to have the time, because there's always this weird thing going on around me. It's called SDCompo, and I don't know if you've ever heard of it, but it's kind of keeping me from rejuvenating my old IT mods. It's not like I'm lazy and need something to pin it on or anything like that.

SDCompo!? uhh .. well ... I've heard it's the best compo! yeah! :D

This ReViSiT VST is pretty cool, tracking in a VST! It looks really nice haha. Feels a bit silly to use it within Renoise though. :lol: Probably a welcome addition to someone wanting to do some tracking in a Cubase setup. :o
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby hcys » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:58 am

Hehe. Yeah it's kind of silly. Remaking some old mod in Renoise is tons easier though, atleast for me, since I can't have two hosts running at the same time. :cry: Stupid Onyx drivers..

I thought it had a better interface before kind of, when everything in reViSiT had a seperate screen (like IT), but I guess he uses it on dual screens and draggable windows make more sense then. Heck, he even seems to use Cubase, so I guess draggable windows are just his thing alltogether. :lol:
hcys
Regular
Regular

Postby groovyone » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:10 am

I wanted to say Psycle, but really, I only used that for high quality crashes..

I mean, music.

Most of what I do requires MooPlug... Ohohoho, surely I jest!

Why do I reply to these emails at 2am. My brain needs sleep, and I'll just go keep it company now.
groovyone
Regular
Regular

Postby organic io » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:55 am

the main problem i've had with re-importing old IT's that i made is that some of the samples weren't tuned to C and so if i want to use the same pattern data but with VSTi's instead, i have to (quite tediously) transpose all the notes... i started to 1 day and i gave up after about 5 minutes...
but maybe one day i will do a couple of remixes of my old work
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:16 am

groovyone wrote:I wanted to say Psycle, but really, I only used that for high quality crashes..

LOL high quality crashes. :lol:

dj io wrote:the main problem i've had with re-importing old IT's that i made is that some of the samples weren't tuned to C and so if i want to use the same pattern data but with VSTi's instead, i have to (quite tediously) transpose all the notes... i started to 1 day and i gave up after about 5 minutes...
but maybe one day i will do a couple of remixes of my old work

Do you mean with Renoise? I've found it usually screws up instrument volume envelopes but they are usually pretty easily fixed, then it sounds pretty good.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:26 am

Sonicade wrote:Do you mean with Renoise? I've found it usually screws up instrument volume envelopes but they are usually pretty easily fixed, then it sounds pretty good.

yeah, i was wanting to do a remake of one of my old songs and imported it into renoise and realized how much work it was gonna be
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:59 am

dj io wrote:
Sonicade wrote:Do you mean with Renoise? I've found it usually screws up instrument volume envelopes but they are usually pretty easily fixed, then it sounds pretty good.

yeah, i was wanting to do a remake of one of my old songs and imported it into renoise and realized how much work it was gonna be

Yeah I wish the IT support was better too. I asked them about it but I guess its not something their concerned with anymore.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby RobWilliamsJnr » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:03 pm

i've used a few trackers - but hardly ever made any songs...

Mick even lent me his amiga once or twice - and i couldn't think of where to start.

used IT and finished a couple...
used ModPlug - and started one....

have cubased a bit, and some no-name sequencer for my Atari 1040STe

but now - renoise... yeah! 4!

--
rob
RobWilliamsJnr
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:24 pm

man i can't believe no fast-tracker votes yet!! i really would have thought IT and FT would be neck and neck. glad to see there are like minded folks here :) must be something about renoise that appeals to ex-IT'ers.
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Sonicade » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:44 am

I used FT2 a lot! It was my first tracker! :oops: I moved to IT later because of the increase in channels and new note actions. FT2 will always be my first though. *sniff* :cry:

I voted IT because it was the last main tracker I used before Renoise. :)
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby groovyone » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:11 am

well, I did use IT for a LONG time, but i've used modplug consistantly for work for the past 4.

originally I used s3m, but that provided too many lo qual crashes.. hence IT.
groovyone
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to Tracking / Demoscene