Promote an artist or Event/Gig. Announce a new track or album release.

Produce a remix, and win a price!!!!

Postby Sonicade » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:12 pm

Heh it might be hard to dance to glitch. :)

*imagines a club full of young people trying..* :lol:
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:28 pm

people dance to gabber. it can be done.
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby crosfire » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:22 pm

I know, but all the gira are to stupid to not-just-loving me:(

ops!noth that thread:(
Last edited by crosfire on Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crosfire
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby dilvie » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:00 am

dilvie
Regular
Regular

Postby crosfire » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:34 am

dilvie wrote:http://www.dilvie.com/music/2006/Moby_-_Go_(D-Love_Down_n_Dirty_Mix).mp3

Sweet!!!

:D
crosfire
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby crosfire » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:42 am

Strange i can't download, or listen to my Celldweller remix :(.
Maybe there is some dirty windows-only plugin for it.
Try browsing the entries and finding game_core, i can't give direct link becouse it
is php! Feedback about if it works would be nice.
Submissions browser
crosfire
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby overthruster » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:53 am

well i mean, "REAL" glitch is shit like tim hecker, which is nigh impossible to dance to, but there are lots of "glitch" elements and shit like that in really popular music...

i was watching pbs a couple months ago and they had a straight up idm track on there, buffer override and all.

and lots of people dance to gabber, its dance music!!!

HAKKE!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8dBnUi9h28
overthruster
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby overthruster » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:59 am

oh and also i think this whole stupid moby thing where you have to PAY to get the samplepack is a slap in the face to compos everywhere

mainstream sellout music sucks :P
overthruster
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby dilvie » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:01 am

Sorry guys, I'm removing my remix. Hope you got it while the getting was good. It's nothing personal against Moby. I just don't like the legal terms set forth by V2 and Beatport. Here's why:

All creativity builds on the past.

Moby's "Go" used the same basic rhythmic patterns that appeared in Kraftwerk tunes more than a decade earlier. Tunes that sound fresher today than "Go" does. The chords in "Go" were simple variations of basic triads that first appeared CENTURIES AGO in western music. Even the now classic samples were lifted from other creative works. The string chords are right out of a movie soundtrack. The creativity in "Go" is not in the component parts. Think of them like paint, or the little cut-out pieces that form a collage. The creativity lies in how those parts were assembled.

Today the record company goes so far as to assert ownership in the remix if you enter their contest. I really wanted to. I did. I thought it would be fun to remix Moby. After all, "Play" was basically the soundtrack of my life the summer it was released.

The problem is, I feel as though I'm selling out if I enter the contest. Not just selling out. Selling short. I love the creativity encouraged by this sort of challenge, but the way they went about it is all kinds of wrong.

So Moby, V2. You can't have my remix. I'm laying it down here. I own the copyright to my recording. If you want it, you'll have to ask me for permission to use it. As it should be. Should I ever decide to release it, you'll get a letter of intent, and royalty checks, as prescribed by US Copyright law. Fair enough? Thought so.

So what now? Well, I've had some great ideas for remixes involving other copyrighted works, but I'm going to set those ideas on the back burner. Instead, I'm going to focus on materials available in the creative commons. There's a wide world of fresh culture out there, unencumbered by these obsolete ideas of content ownership. I'm going to expand it.

I wish you could hear that Moby remix. It's a nice drum and bass take on the classic. A friend of mine scoffed at the idea that I credited Moby. He said all Moby contributed was a bit of sample nostalgia. That's not entirely true, but it illustrates the salient point: Good remixes are original works. They should be treated with more respect.
dilvie
Regular
Regular

Postby organic io » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:04 pm

well said, dilvie... very articulate. you should be some kind of advocate for peoples' copyright protection rights... or a lobbyist or somesuch thing

:)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby overthruster » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:31 am

man, i say fvck copyright, release it on your own anyway... sell it on the street corners as bootleg cdrs, screw that guy

they will never get you if you wear a mask while doing it

that will stick it to moby and his smug shaved head and fascist record company
overthruster
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby crosfire » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:23 am

New remix compo:

Vieux Farka Touré Remix Contest
native rythms-yeah!!
crosfire
Insomniac
Insomniac