Promote an artist or Event/Gig. Announce a new track or album release.

New Album Release :P

New Album Release :P

Postby Directionless » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:13 pm

hehe... not in the traditional sense.

But a new live recording MP3 collection of 15 tracks is available:

http://www.directionless.mynoisebleeds.com/music/JohnDietzel_LIVE6-18-08.rar

01-JohnDietzel_Goodnight Lovers.mp3
02-JohnDietzel_Sensual Seduction.mp3
03-JohnDietzel_Ship of Fools.mp3
04-JohnDietzel_I Want You Now.mp3
05-JohnDietzel_One Caress.mp3
06-JohnDietzel_Please Let Me Get What I Want.mp3
07-JohnDietzel_I Know its Gonna Happen.mp3
08-JohnDietzel_Precious.mp3
09-JohnDietzel_Pray Your Gods.mp3
10-JohnDietzel_Always.mp3
11-JohnDietzel_Angel Down We Go Together.mp3
12-JohnDietzel_I Have Forgiven Jesus.mp3
13-JohnDietzel_Moon River.mp3
14-JohnDietzel_Change the World.mp3
15-JohnDietzel_Convictions.mp3

#'s 3, 4, 11 and 13 are up for listen here:

http://www.myspace.com/johnammondietzel
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:15 pm

!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D Downloading right now! I can't wait to hear! Especially sensual seduction. I'll listen tonight while I'm cleaning the house and post feedback sometime later in the weekend. Thanks for this man :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby organic io » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:54 am

I listened tonight.

I must admit that I'm not familiar with any of the tracks, except for Sensual Seduction... and that's only because you told me about it because you were planning on covering it :)

Anyway, this is great. Sensual seduction is awesome. I love the live feel, although the recording clipped a lot during the whole session, seems like it got worse after the first few songs.

But by far my favourite is "I have forgiven Jesus".
Gives me CHILLS bigtime :D So emotional, the climax around 2:00-2:30 , "why'd you give me so much desire", "why'd you give me so much love in a loveless world".... Amazing -- the message, the passion, the performance. Leaves me speechless

In one of my songs, you told me to be careful, otherwise I'd gather a cult following. I'm certain if you made videos of you playing these, especially Sensual Seduction, you could get about 10 zillion views on youtube. :D

But I'll definitely be jamming to this for the next week or so. You really have a lot of talent. I'd love to hear some vocal harmony overdubs.

Still waiting for my ducktales song 8)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Directionless » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:06 pm

Thanks for that.

Yes, I want to record backup vocals really bad. I rather enjoy doing them more than lead vocals... of course, these won't be 'live' anymore if and when I do. still, would be great.

In general, I'm trying to come up with a system for capturing the potency of live play and then working it into a production. hard for me to do because in my natural singing/playing element, I pretty much despise timing and etc, that facilitates making a production.

As for the clipping, that wasn't a post processing error, I just had the mic levels pretty high and after a test recording decided it was good enough. Of course, as the passion mounted through the session, so did my volume, which was to blame for more clipping later.

Personally, i kind of like it as a poor man's overdrive. I know its technically shit, but i think you know of my aversion to doing things the right way. :)

Thanks for your feedback. Hope some of these tunes find you well or pick you up should you need.
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:32 pm

I also like singing harmonies better than melodies

I figured it was your girl manning the mixing station and maybe she boosted the volume too much

Not in agreement about the "overdrive" though, it just sounds sucky to me :D I do however like the coughs and belches :)

Can you girl sing? You could get her to do the backing vocals, that would be awesome anyway

Whoop, I'm in a weird mood, trying to immerse myself in music theory and it's pretty exciting :D
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Directionless » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:17 am

organic io wrote:I also like singing harmonies better than melodies

I figured it was your girl manning the mixing station and maybe she boosted the volume too much

Not in agreement about the "overdrive" though, it just sounds sucky to me :D I do however like the coughs and belches :)

Can you girl sing? You could get her to do the backing vocals, that would be awesome anyway

Whoop, I'm in a weird mood, trying to immerse myself in music theory and it's pretty exciting :D

Yeah, singing harmonies feels great. No, I can't blame my girl for the mixing board. She just runs the basic commands for the recording software.

I should totally agree with you about the sound quality. If it was a real production, I def would. In this case, I dunno, I just like it naturally fucked up sometimes. Maybe i'm retarded.

She can sing, but not to the quality of doing live recordings. Her primary instrument is piano (6 years of lessons) and I'm trying to get her back into her lessons so she can master it and teach me.

Music Theory? You must be in a weird mood? :P
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:37 am

Sometimes I'll leave errors in my tracked songs, a note or pattern that was slightly messed up and that I always meant to change, but left it in the final version. Sometimes happy accidents can occur too, things I didn't intend to be that way (pasted it at the wrong place, etc) but it ends up sounding cool so I keep it
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Return to Announcements