Comments, Suggestions and/or Feature Requests for the Soundevotion Competition.

Some more statistical info?

Some more statistical info?

Postby knetter » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:22 am

Is it a nice contribution to the site if the profiles of the participators are updated with statistical information each round? Like:

amt of rounds Participated,
avg. score,
highest round (linked),
Best song (over all rounds, linked),
etc...

...Perhaps an overall kindof ranking will be nice too, in the form of a top 100 at the front page... :?: When you click on the name you see the person's profile.
Wouldn't that be great !?! :?: :!: :D
-- grtz Knetter
knetter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:04 pm

all of it sounds cool except for the top 100, i think that might make it too cut-throat/competitive and feelings would be hurt :) plus, would the ranking be based on average score, or points accumulated? either way it would be messed up... with total points, somebody who entered every round , even if they got consistently low scores, would still be on top..
with average score, if somebody entered 1 round and got 1st place, they would be near the top.... also pretty messed up.
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby crosfire » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:02 pm

3, or 5 persons that were on 1st place most times, and ofcourse 3, or 5 winers from the last round. Also everyone should have a diagram on his profile with the place he had in %.
crosfire
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby Sonicade » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:04 am

These are great ideas. I will work on adding this kind of info to the profiles. Keep the ideas coming.

I will also be working on getting a proper coop system going.
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby knetter » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:47 pm

sonicade wrote:These are great ideas. I will work on adding this kind of info to the profiles. Keep the ideas coming.

I will also be working on getting a proper coop system going.

:arrow: Sonicade your're my hero, but thats old news!

dj io wrote:all of it sounds cool except for the top 100, i think that might make it too cut-throat/competitive and feelings would be hurt :) plus, would the ranking be based on average score, or points accumulated? either way it would be messed up... with total points, somebody who entered every round , even if they got consistently low scores, would still be on top..
with average score, if somebody entered 1 round and got 1st place, they would be near the top.... also pretty messed up.

I think with total points where people participating each round gets rewarded, can work out stimulating for entering the next round too. To get in the highscores, you have to enter often AND win the rounds. This will add a new element to the competition: with a super-ranking in the form of 'year results' you want to be in the Top 10 at the end of the year too!

Off course that ranking list are links to the 'newly extended people-profile', where you can find their best round, and best songs. I think it will attract outsiders even more to listen and browse the musicians :D
-- grtz Knetter
knetter
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby Sonicade » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:09 pm

Awesome ideas. I've put them all into my sdcompo todo list. Will try to get the easier ones in there very soon.

Can you clarify more what you mean by these? (anyone)

highest round (linked),
Best song (over all rounds, linked),
Sonicade
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Return to Feedback / Requests