Humorous links.

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

Postby Directionless » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:17 am

User avatar
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:36 pm
Location: Utah, USA

Postby organic io » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:15 am

i wish i could be passionate like this guy. i agree with all these things, but i'm too apathetic to do anything about it :(
User avatar
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:55 am

Postby Directionless » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:27 am

dj io wrote:i wish i could be passionate like this guy. i agree with all these things, but i'm too apathetic to do anything about it :(


You're an indie artist. That's doing something. We all do what we can... and as I see it, basically, to be doing anything that represents the non-zombie side of life is a partial victory! :)
User avatar
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:36 pm
Location: Utah, USA

Postby organic io » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:34 am

Directionless wrote:
dj io wrote:i wish i could be passionate like this guy. i agree with all these things, but i'm too apathetic to do anything about it :(


You're an indie artist. That's doing something. We all do what we can... and as I see it, basically, to be doing anything that represents the non-zombie side of life is a partial victory! :)


i want to be an environmental activist... to speak out against how we are fucking up the earth, but i just can't find the drive right now :(
User avatar
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:55 am

Postby Directionless » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:31 pm

dj io wrote:
Directionless wrote:
dj io wrote:i wish i could be passionate like this guy. i agree with all these things, but i'm too apathetic to do anything about it :(


You're an indie artist. That's doing something. We all do what we can... and as I see it, basically, to be doing anything that represents the non-zombie side of life is a partial victory! :)


i want to be an environmental activist... to speak out against how we are fucking up the earth, but i just can't find the drive right now :(


write songs about it. singing, text 2 speach, whatever.. you already have a medium.

i hate police haha. i think they are sociopathic hired thugs. i'm writing more songs about that, :)
User avatar
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:36 pm
Location: Utah, USA

Postby organic io » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:21 pm

Directionless wrote:
write songs about it. singing, text 2 speach, whatever.. you already have a medium.

i hate police haha. i think they are sociopathic hired thugs. i'm writing more songs about that, :)


i did that once ... you can hear the result here ..

http://io4spam.googlepages.com/io_-_Frequencies.mp3

it was a resounding success ....










with myself



it was actually the 1st full song i did in renoise :)

but i didn't feel like it was very useful on a changing the world kind of scale. i feel like non-renewable energy really is a crisis and people need to be changed. it's so simple, it would only take 1 generation to have a complete transformation, but people are stupid and greedy and the change will never happen until it is forced :?
User avatar
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:55 am

Postby Directionless » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:21 pm

dj io wrote:i did that once ... you can hear the result here ..

http://io4spam.googlepages.com/io_-_Frequencies.mp3

it was a resounding success ....

with myself



it was actually the 1st full song i did in renoise :)

but i didn't feel like it was very useful on a changing the world kind of scale. i feel like non-renewable energy really is a crisis and people need to be changed. it's so simple, it would only take 1 generation to have a complete transformation, but people are stupid and greedy and the change will never happen until it is forced :?


Man you've spent a bit of time doing vocal recordings eh? heheh nice!

HAHAH i love when you said George W.... pause and then come in with the double-voice sounding BUSH.

I think what this needs is vocal compression to tighten up the mix. dunno what its like in renoise. but i can't make out too much of the words.

check this out. it might work better:

http://www.terrywest.110mb.com/voceqpro.html
User avatar
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:36 pm
Location: Utah, USA

Postby organic io » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:38 pm

yeah i did that song a long time ago and i realize the vocs sound shitty, it was also before i started using melodyne so the pitches are off. but thanks for the link, that thing looks like what i need now that i am doing more vocal tracks :)
User avatar
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:55 am

Return to Funny Links

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests