Humorous links.

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

Postby Directionless » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:17 am

Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:15 am

i wish i could be passionate like this guy. i agree with all these things, but i'm too apathetic to do anything about it :(
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Directionless » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:27 am

dj io wrote:i wish i could be passionate like this guy. i agree with all these things, but i'm too apathetic to do anything about it :(

You're an indie artist. That's doing something. We all do what we can... and as I see it, basically, to be doing anything that represents the non-zombie side of life is a partial victory! :)
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:34 am

Directionless wrote:
dj io wrote:i wish i could be passionate like this guy. i agree with all these things, but i'm too apathetic to do anything about it :(

You're an indie artist. That's doing something. We all do what we can... and as I see it, basically, to be doing anything that represents the non-zombie side of life is a partial victory! :)

i want to be an environmental activist... to speak out against how we are fucking up the earth, but i just can't find the drive right now :(
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Directionless » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:31 pm

dj io wrote:
Directionless wrote:

i want to be an environmental activist... to speak out against how we are fucking up the earth, but i just can't find the drive right now :(

write songs about it. singing, text 2 speach, whatever.. you already have a medium.

i hate police haha. i think they are sociopathic hired thugs. i'm writing more songs about that, :)
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:21 pm

Directionless wrote:
write songs about it. singing, text 2 speach, whatever.. you already have a medium.

i hate police haha. i think they are sociopathic hired thugs. i'm writing more songs about that, :)

i did that once ... you can hear the result here ..

http://io4spam.googlepages.com/io_-_Frequencies.mp3

it was a resounding success ....

with myself

it was actually the 1st full song i did in renoise :)

but i didn't feel like it was very useful on a changing the world kind of scale. i feel like non-renewable energy really is a crisis and people need to be changed. it's so simple, it would only take 1 generation to have a complete transformation, but people are stupid and greedy and the change will never happen until it is forced :?
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Directionless » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:21 pm

dj io wrote:i did that once ... you can hear the result here ..

http://io4spam.googlepages.com/io_-_Frequencies.mp3

it was a resounding success ....

with myself

it was actually the 1st full song i did in renoise :)

but i didn't feel like it was very useful on a changing the world kind of scale. i feel like non-renewable energy really is a crisis and people need to be changed. it's so simple, it would only take 1 generation to have a complete transformation, but people are stupid and greedy and the change will never happen until it is forced :?

Man you've spent a bit of time doing vocal recordings eh? heheh nice!

HAHAH i love when you said George W.... pause and then come in with the double-voice sounding BUSH.

I think what this needs is vocal compression to tighten up the mix. dunno what its like in renoise. but i can't make out too much of the words.

check this out. it might work better:

http://www.terrywest.110mb.com/voceqpro.html
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby organic io » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:38 pm

yeah i did that song a long time ago and i realize the vocs sound shitty, it was also before i started using melodyne so the pitches are off. but thanks for the link, that thing looks like what i need now that i am doing more vocal tracks :)
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Return to Funny Links