Soundevotion Competition entry discussion.

too late for round 85?

too late for round 85?

Postby Sepix » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:02 am

hey everyone,

totally new here, created a track for the current round 85 and thought i had time to submit it until 12.08 ... any chance i can still send it in? :/

thx,
cheers
Confident Cocky Lazy Dead
Facebook Mixcloud Soundcloud
Sepix
Newb
Newb

Re: too late for round 85?

Postby organic io » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:12 pm

Sepix wrote:hey everyone,

totally new here, created a track for the current round 85 and thought i had time to submit it until 12.08 ... any chance i can still send it in? :/

thx,
cheers

Oh man, I'm really sorry you missed the deadline. Unfortunately it's too late since the voting/commenting has already started. You can always post it here and I'll give it a listen and comments, and maybe a few others will too.
organic io
Compo Admin
Compo Admin

Postby Directionless » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:34 pm

Sepix wrote:hey everyone,

thx,
cheers

Yes, just post it. Who knows, you might start an unofficial round 85 thread compo! We have done this before with the latecomers, and those that wanted to make something new without the pressure of the official round.

Post yours and i'll see if I have the time and inclination to mess around with dexed again. :)
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby Sepix » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:07 pm

organic io wrote:Oh man, I'm really sorry you missed the deadline. Unfortunately it's too late since the voting/commenting has already started. You can always post it here and I'll give it a listen and comments, and maybe a few others will too.

Alright, no worries, was my mistake after all and on the plus side it actually made me finish a track ;)
Just wondering when the original deadline was? last week?

Anyways, here´s what´s all the fuss is about: XRNS Soundcloud :)

cheers
Sepix
Newb
Newb

Postby Directionless » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:08 am

Sepix wrote:Alright, no worries, was my mistake after all and on the plus side it actually made me finish a track ;)
Just wondering when the original deadline was? last week?

Anyways, here´s what´s all the fuss is about: XRNS Soundcloud :)

cheers

OK, I loaded up the Renoise. First of all, just a reminder for the next rounds - you can't use external plugins except for the ones already listed in the rules. But that MDA dub delay should be easy enough to do with Renoise built-in delay effects. :)

Now on to the song - this has a nice pace. It's very funky. I like your composition quite a bit. And the drums sequencing is very nice and interesting! Cool stuff. Quite a good song length here too. It takes the meandering path at times, but that's often what I do also, and I enjoyed the journey. My best advice would be to take this lovely quirky tune and add more effects to space out the sound. Experiment with making your drum and bass sound more full and then get creative with the effects for your leads and supporting notes. To give it more ear candy and not be too monaural. After you did that, then your ears might hear other areas of composition you would wish to edit to add to the general cohesive feel.

But this is really a neat track and I sure hope you will be back for more entries!

Cheers.
Directionless
Insomniac
Insomniac

Postby Sepix » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:05 pm

nice, thx a lot for listening and the comprehensive input :)
that mda plugin slipped in though, mistook it for the internal delay i guess ... lol.
looking forward to the next round!

cheers
Sepix
Newb
Newb

Return to SDCompo Songs / Entries